Buying a car seat can be a daunting task. There are so many options and so many things to consider. Here are 5 tips to consider during the process.
- How is the car seat installed into the car?
- Latch system, seat belt, both?
- Does your car have a latch system? All newer cars should, but check your owner’s manual
- Make sure the seat you are considering is designed for your child’s age & weight.
- Make sure it is easy to clean, we all know how messy babies can be.
- Make sure it has an adjustable 5-point safety harness, preferably one that has a safety release feature so your baby can’t accidentally undo the harness.
- Make sure it fits in your car. Car seats today are HUGE and if you have a smaller 2-door vehicle, some of the seats today might not fit very well.
OK, here is a bonus 6th tip – if you are planning on doing any traveling with your kids and car seats make sure it is compatible with one of the Travelmate Products. Don’t you just love shameless plugs! Well, after all, Go-Go Babyz is here to make your life easier when you and your baby are “on the go”
In addition, safety goes without say. Make sure the car seats you are considering have all the proper safety features and meet all of the safety standards.
Happy Car Seat Buying!
VP & Dad