Buying a car seat can be a daunting task. There are so many options and so many things to consider. Here are 5 tips to consider during the process.
- How is the car seat installed into the car?
- Latch system, seat belt, both?
- Does your car have a latch system? All newer cars should, but check your owner’s manual
- Make sure the seat you are considering is designed for your child’s age & weight.
- Make sure it is easy to clean, we all know how messy babies can be.
- Make sure it has an adjustable 5-point safety harness, preferably one that has a safety release feature so your baby can’t accidentally undo the harness.
- Make sure it fits in your car. Car seats today are HUGE and if you have a smaller 2-door vehicle, some of the seats today might not fit very well.
OK, here is a bonus 6th tip – if you are planning on doing any traveling with your kids and car seats make sure it is compatible with one of the Travelmate Products. Don’t you just love shameless plugs! Well, after all, Go-Go Babyz is here to make your life easier when you and your baby are “on the go”
In addition, safety goes without say. Make sure the car seats you are considering have all the proper safety features and meet all of the safety standards.
Happy Car Seat Buying!
VP & Dad
With the release of the Mini Travelmate we get a lot of questions about the Mini Travelmate compared to the original
Original Travelmate (QRKIDZ)
Travelmate model QRKIDZ. The Mini Travelmate is designed to serve the same purpose as the original; turn your toddler car seat into an airport stroller. Therefore the function of both products are the same. The differences are in the design and how they function.
The idea behind the Mini Travelmate is to provide a more compact and economical version of the original Travelmate. To accomplish this the large plastic plate has been eliminated from the Mini and replaced with two smaller cross plates. This reduces the weight of the product and minimizes the amount of raw materials needed for production resulting in a lighter and more eco-friendly product. The two cross plates provide a mounting place or the quick-release ratchet strap that is used to secure the car seat to the Mini Travelmate. In addition, the cross plates provide strength and stability. The other major difference is the Mini Travelmate has a metal support bar that folds down to provide support for the car seat. Car seats today are getting bigger and bigger and the support bar is designed to address that.
The design modifications’ net result is a lighter more compact and less expensive version of the Travelmate that delivers the same convenience and maneuverability.
See our QRKIDZ vs Mini Travelmate comparison chart for more details.
Check out our Travelmate Product Comparison Chart to see the differences between all the Travelmate products.
VP & Dad